- Due to delays in test development, AOAP agrees that the April 1, 2018 first license date will not happen. A new estimated first license date will not be determined until all test precision matrices are complete and analyzed. This is expected no earlier than 4Q2016.
- A new fuel batch has been approved to keep the Seq VG going while test development continues on the replacement test. An estimated start for the new test’s precision matrix was not given.
- Toyota is finalizing some hardware and procedure controls for the Seq IVB and expects to the IVB precision matrix to be completed by the end of September.
- The precision matrix for the Seq VIE test was analyzed and it was agreed by the ASTM Seq VI Surveillance panel that the engine life for this test will be considerable shorter than the VID because it loses the ability to discriminate oils as the engine ages.
- The precision matrix for the VIF is complete and waiting for statistical analysis.
- Chain Wear precision matrix is complete and waiting for statistical analysis.
- LSPI matrix is complete, however due to some hardware issue, repeat tests will be run.
- Chrysler will be running off 4000 engines for the Seq IIIH test in July with additional engine to be built some time later.
- The next AOAP meeting will be at August 11, 2016